[Asterisk-Users] Keypad disabled on AriaVoice SIP phone

Ian Pattison ianp at technologyassociates.ca
Wed Apr 6 10:34:28 MST 2005

Hi All,

I've got a couple of AriaVoice C-301P SIP phones connecting to * and have a bit of a problem. I can dial out with no problem but once * bridges the call to another channel (such as a Zap channel to the PSTN or an internal Analog phone) it appears that the keypad is then disabled which keeps me from navigating other peoples IVR trees. I've seen some ramblings on DTMF relay (usually when applied to Cisco products) but don't know if that's my issue at all. I've tried both RFC2833 and Inband Audio for DTMF handling with identical results. It literally appears that the keypad is being disabled after dialling.

I've attempted to contact the vendor of the phones several times and have been unsuccessful in reaching anyone.

Anyone had a similar experience?

A snapshot of the phone's config can be seen at http://www.technologyassociates.ca/phone.jpg

Thanks,

Ian