[Asterisk-Users] how can i connect a cost display on asterisk

Jorge Alayon j.alayon at ses.com.ar
Wed Apr 6 09:26:43 MST 2005

In my country payphone solutions for Call Shops are implemented using FXS
SIP or H.323 gateways that implement the Polarity reversal feature that
reverse polarity as soon as the other party answers. I have done this in
several VoIP platforms but Asterisk.

Regular Payphones and Call Shop metering systems rely on polarity reversal
for proper call billing implemented in a local table.
Call Shop uses mainly a central billing unit (a PC or stand Alone) and
serveral metering boxes with display that connects to the central unit by
RS485 bus.
These boxes connects to the lines (FXS on the gateways or special payphone
lines provided by local carrier) and to normal phones.
a Call Shop can have form 2 to 16 call boxes. It it good bussiness above 8.
Billing systems are so simple electronically that they are manufactured
here.

Regards,

Jorge A.