[Asterisk-Users] V-9970 Paging Setup

Mike Flynn mike at agftech.com
Wed Apr 6 08:47:54 MST 2005

I'm trying to get paging going on my asterisk at home setup.

I was  recommended the V-9970 because that works with a FXO port, which I have one port open. Well I got
one the other day and I can't seem to get it working.

I wired it up correctly because if I hook the phone jack on
there to an outside line and call that outside line it paged
loud and clear but when I get it hooked to my spare FXO port
then I set up an extension with this config:
; Paging
exten => 501,1,Answer
exten => 501,2,Dial(Zap/8)
exten => 501,3,Hangup

I called Valcom and they said that the voltage comming out
of the Asterisk Server could be too low, that doesn't sound
right though.  Can you offer me any help?