[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel Compile on a virtual dedicated host.

Giles Coochey giles.coochey at mirada-solutions.com
Wed Apr 6 06:01:07 MST 2005

>Anyone have any ideas on where I can find the right kernel source?  I
have look at
> rpmfind.net and google'd with no avail!

You could always download the Vanilla kernel source from
http://www.kernel.org and compile a kernel from source. I tend to always
use the Vanilla source, it's what everything has been tested against and
it tastes better.

You should probably print out the "dmesg" output to help you configure
the kernel options prior to compilation so that your "hardware" is
correctly detected.

I would also urge you to use a bootloader such as grub or lilo to ensure
that you can revert to the original kernel should it panic on boot, I
suspect Redhat already uses one of those anyway.