[Asterisk-Users] How can I make base calls with X-Lite via Asterisk?

Martijn van Oosterhout martijn at ecomtel.com.au
Wed Apr 6 01:11:57 MST 2005

I beleive the Asterisk example config has an example, but this works
for me (Xlite-linux-beta):

[martijn]
secret=<secret>

type=friend
context=from-sip                ; Where to start in the dialplan when this phone calls
;callerid=John Doe <1234>       ; Full caller ID, to override the phones config
host=dynamic                    ; we have a static but private IP address
                                ; No registration allowed
nat=yes                         ; there is not NAT between phone and Asterisk
canreinvite=no                  ; allow RTP voice traffic to bypass Asterisk
;dtmfmode=info                  ; either RFC2833 or INFO for the BudgeTone
;incominglimit=1                ; permit only 1 outgoing call at a time
                                ; from the phone to asterisk
;mailbox=1234 at default           ; mailbox 1234 in voicemail context "default"
disallow=all                    ; need to disallow=all before we can use allow=
allow=gsm                       ; Note: In user sections the order of codecs
                                ; listed with allow= does NOT matter!
allow=alaw
;allow=g723.1                   ; Asterisk only supports g723.1 pass-thru!
;allow=g729                     ; Pass-thru only unless g729 license obtained

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 03:25:56PM +0800, Abraham WEI wrote:
> I installed Asterisk in a default way. I ran over many manuals and
> FAQ's on asterisk.org. However, I found that many exaples included in
> them were equipment-dependent. I do not know how to configure my
> Asterisk for my X-Lite.
> Is  anybody willing to help me?
>
> Regards,
> Abe