[Asterisk-Users] TE405P and Dell Poweredge 6450 Incompatible?

mboehm at cytelcom.com mboehm at cytelcom.com
Tue Apr 5 14:44:48 MST 2005

Hey gang,
 Just pulled out our brand new $1,500 TE405P and put it into a Dell Poweredge
6450. Nothing. Card not recognized nor listed under "lspci".
 Tried the card in every slot it would fit in. Even took out existing, working
cards and put the 405 in those slots and still nothing.
 Tried the card in a Poweredge 2450. Bingo, although it is listed as "Unknown
device".

 Called Digium. Their answer "Since the card works in the 2450, you will have to
use it in the 2450. The card is good." My response was "the 2450 is a single P3
500 and no where near powerful enough to handle 92 simultaneous PRI->g729
calls."

  Has anyone else out there had success/failures with a TE4XX card in Dell
Poweredges?

  I've been on hold at digium for a while now and I get the feeling that Digium
is gonna say "too bad sucka..the card works..*click*" but if enough people have
a problem with this card in Dell Poweredges, then perhaps they will take a
closer look and figure out the problem.

-Matthew