[Asterisk-Users] AGI call problem

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Tue Apr 5 13:25:20 MST 2005

Thanks!

Use strict; unveiled a syntax error!

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Josiah
Bryan
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:38 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] AGI call problem

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 3:24 pm, Adam Robins wrote:
> I am issuing an AGI call in extensions.conf as follows:
>
> exten => 2000,1,Answer
> exten => 2000,n,AGI(script.pl)
> exten => 2000,n,Hangup
>
> Asterisk perl is installed.  "script.pl" is a valid perl script in
> /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
>
> Output is:
>
>     -- Executing Answer("SIP/2034-e908", "") in new stack
>     -- Executing AGI("SIP/2034-e908", "script.pl") in new stack
>     -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/script.pl
>     -- AGI Script script.pl completed, returning 0
>     -- Executing Hangup("SIP/2034-e908", "") in new stack
>   == Spawn extension (intl-access, 2000, 3) exited non-zero on
> 'SIP/2034-e908'
>
> The problem is that the logic in the script is not executing.

Check the following:

-The script is executable (chmod +x /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/script.pl)
-The script has the right interpreter in the head. (#!/bin/perl or
whatever `which perl` gives you - put this on the first line of
script.pl)

-If that doesnt work, run 'perl script.pl' from a shell on your asterisk
box and check for syntax errors. (Make sure to have 'use strict;' in
script.pl).
-If no syntax errors, try stepping through it by issuing AGI result
codes to the script if that what your script is expecting (e.g. "200
result=0" or whatever the rest of the codes are) and check for undefined
subs or something.

It helps to 'use strict;' in your AGI scripts so that the interpreter
does variable name checking for you and it shows up when you run your
script from the command line.

-josiah

--
Josiah Bryan