[Asterisk-Users] Should PRI running over t100p be able to survive short yellow alarms?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Tue Apr 5 12:39:01 MST 2005

I have a PRI connection between Asterisk and a PBX. The connection passes through a hardware echo canceller which includes some monitoring facilities. Occasionally the T1 has gone yellow for short periods (<2 seconds) and when this occurs Asterisk seems to immediately tear down any in-progress calls. Is this expected behavior or should the established B-channels stay up (sans audio) until the T1 either goes red or a longer period of time (say > 10 seconds) passes?

I appreciate the best solution would be to fix the cause of the intermittant yellow alarms, however I am curious...

Thanks.

Kris Boutilier
Information Services Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District