[Asterisk-Users] AGI call problem

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Tue Apr 5 12:24:44 MST 2005

I am issuing an AGI call in extensions.conf as follows:

exten => 2000,1,Answer
exten => 2000,n,AGI(script.pl)
exten => 2000,n,Hangup

Asterisk perl is installed.  "script.pl" is a valid perl script in
/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin

Output is:

    -- Executing Answer("SIP/2034-e908", "") in new stack
    -- Executing AGI("SIP/2034-e908", "script.pl") in new stack
    -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/script.pl
    -- AGI Script script.pl completed, returning 0
    -- Executing Hangup("SIP/2034-e908", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (intl-access, 2000, 3) exited non-zero on
'SIP/2034-e908'

The problem is that the logic in the script is not executing.

So, in extensions.conf, I replaced "script.pl" with "null.pl", as
follows:

exten => 2000,1,Answer
exten => 2000,n,AGI(null.pl)
exten => 2000,n,Hangup

Note that "null.pl" does not actually exist in
/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin.

Surprisingly, I get the exact same output:

  -- Executing Answer("SIP/2034-dfce", "") in new stack
    -- Executing AGI("SIP/2034-dfce", "null.pl") in new stack
    -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/null.pl
    -- AGI Script null.pl completed, returning 0
    -- Executing Hangup("SIP/2034-dfce", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (intl-access, 2000, 3) exited non-zero on
'SIP/2034-dfce'

How can this be?  I've got to be missing something obvious here!

Please help.

Thanks,
Adam

The contents of this email message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and delete this message and its attachments, if any.