[Asterisk-Users] TE110P/Hipath3750 - Yellow Alarm

Jens Kübler cleanerx at au.hadiko.de
Tue Apr 5 09:41:45 MST 2005

Am Dienstag 05 April 2005 18:04 schrieb Henry Jensen:
> Hello,
>
> I've connected a TE110P from digium with a E1/T1 crossover cable,
> according to http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-crossover+T1+cable, to
> a s2m port on a Siemens Hipath 3750.
>
> The lights on the TE110p are flashing red and green, zttool reports
> "Yellow Alarm"
>
> Asterisk says:
> pri_dchannel: PRI got event: Alarm (4) on Primary D-channel of span 1
> pri_find_dchan: No D-channels available!  Using Primary on channel anyway
> 16 chan_zap.c:5647 handle_init_event: Detected alarm on channel 1: Yellow
> Alarm chan_zap.c:5647 handle_init_event: Detected alarm on channel 2:
> Yellow Alarm [...]
oh this sounds so familiar to me.
got a Siemens hicom 300e here and had the same problem.
I had a DB15 connector and when I got mad that it wasn't working like it was
specified I cracked the connector open and found a weird non standard wiring
from rj45 to db15. I twisted the wires like they were supposed to but then
this blinking problem of yours occured to me and it vanished when I told
Hicom to be the master of the line and * the slave.
As from that point I got some minor errors in d-channel protocol which seem
not to interfere with operational service although the d-channel went done
for once for no obvious reason.

Jens