[Asterisk-Users] How do I retrieve voice mail in Asterisk

Josiah Bryan jbryan at productiveconcepts.com
Tue Apr 5 08:35:28 MST 2005

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 11:09 am, Chuck Bunn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess I am dense or something but I cannot figure out how to retrieve
> voicemail using a SIP SJPhone or and Analog phone with Astyerisk. I
> googled (voicemail +retreive :lists.digium.com) and did not get much.
> Everything works. I can ring each extension and if it doesn't answer it
> goes to voice mail, but I can't figure out how to retrieve it.

Very simple.

You need to set up a VoicemailMain extension in your extensions.conf

Example:

exten => 8500,1,VoicemailMain

Infact, I believe that is in the sample extensions.conf in the initial
distribution.

Then just dial 8500 from your phone, enter the extension as defined in
voicemail.conf and password for that extension (extension is what you put in
when Allison asks for 'mailbox...').

That help at all?

-josiah

--