[Asterisk-Users] Can't see ANI2 (aka info digits) from PRI t1

James Taylor jltaylor at metrotel.net
Tue Apr 5 08:44:51 MST 2005

ANI II may or may not be available on your PRI.
It really depends on how you ordered it.
AND...
If it is available under the tariff and/or contract that you ordered it
under.

If you ordered it as a retail customer, then you would have little use for
the ANI II digits.  However, if you were a carrier, then you could justify
the digits.

I'm assuming that your PRI has local DID numbers on it?  If so, then they
may not pass the II digits because you have no need for them.

However, ISDN is viewed as a "retail" product and not normally sold to
carriers, because the have SS7 and/or MF on Feature Group D.  CLEC's can
order ISDN for resale, but I've never convienced a LEC to deliver via PRI
for any of my switches.

So, if you really want the II digits:

1) Take MF on Feature Group D (see my previous postings)
    However, then you would not get DID numbers because there are no DID
numbers on FGD.
    It's for LD only (kind of) it is sold as "Access Service" to anyone.
2) Become a CLEC
3) Become an IXC
4) Have a friend at SBC who just "fixes" it for you.

James