[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and HylaFAX integration

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Tue Apr 5 06:28:58 MST 2005

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 14:13, Lee Howard wrote:

> I successfully run a HylaFAX server with a Patton 2977 connected through a
> Digium TE405P.

How does that work? From their webpage
(http://commerce.patton.com/pe_products.asp?category=20) it seems to be a
QuadBRI - how do you connect that to a Digium quad-PRI card? :)

> Well, for one thing, t38modem comes from OpenH323, not Asterisk, and it
> cannot be used with Asterisk as Asterisk does not yet support T.38.

Ah fair enough, I think I just got confused :)

> via a .call file in the Asterisk spool directory.  There will be some
> complications with regards to return status and requeuing of jobs (which
> is why I've not attempted this myself).

Hehe yes precisely the return status / requeue was exactly the problem I'd
anticipated - it's this part which I hoped previous work had been done on =)

> As for replacing faxgetty... that should be fairly straight-forward by
> simply making rxfax dump the received faxes into the HylaFAX recvq
> directory.

Fortunately we have no inbound fax requirements :)

Cheers,
Gavin.