[Asterisk-Users] Set system time over the phone

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Tue Apr 5 03:02:45 MST 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 09:45:54AM +1000, Mike Sander wrote:
> I have installed Asterisk using the Ast at Home image for a client that is
> VoIP-a-phobic.
>
> Hence the system cannot be connected to their LAN at all - don't ask why!

Does it have a lan connection at all? If so, you could use ntpd. Setting
the clock manually can have some side-effects and some services may
require running.

> I have tested the clock at my installation lab, and all is fine, but they
> might want to set/check it.
>
> I know there is the SayUnixTime command, and it works fine to say the time.
>
> Is there a good dialplan command to test it? Best I've come across is
> System, but this exits non-zero. Any ideas?
>
> exten 456,1,Background(Please-set-time-mmddhhmm)
> exten _.,1,System (date ${EXTEN})

Before passing input blindly to system, you need to sanitize it. E.g:
Any chance someone could dial a ';'? If so, that one can run an
arbitrary shell command (as Asterisk's user).

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | New signature for new address and  |  VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | new homepage                       | a Mutt's