[Asterisk-Users] No Voice to POTS.

Etienne Pretorius etiennep at kingsley.co.za
Tue Apr 5 02:37:18 MST 2005

Hello Every body.

I am quite stuck at the moment.

I am using X-Lite, and you see when I call say a Cell phone number then
the call works fine - voice is on both sides. But when I call through to
a Land line then no voice is heard on the other side from me, but I hear
the person speaking to me. Both calls go through the same TDM400P Card,
the same port on the card and the same phone line. I am using SIP as a
protocol. When the call is made from within, say extension to extension
on normal phones - there is no problem at all. It is only when it goes
out to the public telephone system does it look like to be an issue -
but why does the cell phone work?

I am quite desperate at the moment and would like any feedback on how to
try and fix the problem.

BTW if it matters, using Zone 24 (South Africa). I have had some
problems to get it compiled and working... but now it is only this problem.

--
Kind Regards
Etienne