[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing calls on PRI

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue Apr 5 01:09:27 MST 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, cereal killer wrote:

> I have a problem concerning outgoingcalls on my
> Asterisk box, with a E1 Digium card. I manage to
> receive call on the E1 with no problem and can
> transfer to internal ip phones. But the problem
> happens when calling from the internal to outside.
> Here are my config files :

[snip]

> pridialplan  = national

[snip]

> The 0369 is assigned to the E1 , the 0389 is assigned
> to classical ISDN lines not running with asterisk
> My problem is when i Dial 03893296.. from a ip phone i
> get an unavailable signal (you know the tone that
> explodes you the ears :) )
> Another time composing the 0389 number I was in
> relmation with an english person ( tried many times
> sorry for her) or , it should be ringing in my company
> not with an english person :) Does my asterisk box
> place an international call without I know it ?

In Europe you should almost always specify pridialplan=unknown if you use
escape digits ("0"). You are claiming that the number you dial is in the
national format which is defined as a fully formed (including area code)
number without any escape digits in front. Since you start with an esacpe
digit almost anything can happen. In your case the telecom operator may
have interpeted your number as +38 xxxxx.

Peter