[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on WRT54GS - Slightly OT

Juergen K. Zick syscon-lists at ifa.uni-kassel.de
Tue Apr 5 00:11:22 MST 2005

Hi Greg,

>Juergen,
>         Did you build this yourself? Or is it one of the other packages
>out there? I've got a couple of OpenWRT54GS units that I'd like to try
>this on.

I took the precompiled packages for OPENWRT and just configured them. I
tried first with the WRT54G and mounted volumes via NFS for the binaries
and the VMAIL folders and even that worked.
But as I wanted the system to be my home system with stand-alone features I
decided to take the WRT54GS for that and it's working great. As companies
like SIPGATE.DE are offering German localized (PSTN accessible) numbers for
FREE, I'm almost able to dump my ISDN lines (which is still not possible in
Germany, xDSL connections ONLY in connection with POTS or ISDN-lines - for
consumers) ...

--Juergen

PS:

I made a simple script for the installation of my WRT54GS. First I
downloaded those ipk-packages on a local linux or windows-box with FTP and
NFS access and then I ran that script on the WRT which was already running
on OPENWRT ...
Also, I used WINSCP later to access the WRT directly from a Windows box.

Maybe the following script can give you some orientation. The ASTERISK
configuration (main topic here)  was business as usual ...

--snip--
wget
ftp://192.168.162.132/temp/OPENWRT/root/wrt-packages/kmod-nfs_2.4.20-1_mipsel.ipk

ipkg install kmod-nfs*

mkdir openwrt

insmod sunrpc
insmod lockd
insmod nfs
mount 192.168.162.132:/openwrt /openwrt -o nolock,ro

ipkg install /openwrt/asterisk_1.0.0-2_mipsel.ipk

cd lib
rm -fr asterisk
ln -s /openwrt/asterisk ./asterisk
cd /

ipkg install /openwrt/wrt-packages/dropbear_0.44test3_mipsel.ipk

ipkg install /openwrt/wrt-packages/libpthread_0.9.26-1_mipsel.ipk
ipkg install /openwrt/wrt-packages/libncurses_5.2-3_mipsel.ipk
ipkg install /openwrt/wrt-packages/ntpclient_2003.194-1_mipsel.ipk

ntpclient -c 3 -d -h 192.53.103.103 -s

ipkg install /openwrt/openvpn_1.6.0-STATIC-test2_mipsel.ipk
ipkg install /openwrt/tun-modules_2.4.20-wrt1_mipsel.ipk
--snip--