[Asterisk-Users] rookie getting started question

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:15:38 MST 2005

>   0:     184892          XT-PIC  timer
>   1:          5          XT-PIC  keyboard
>   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
>   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
>  11:    3585589          XT-PIC  wcfxo, ztdummy, usb-uhci, eth0
>  14:       5360          XT-PIC  ide0
>  15:          0          XT-PIC  ide1

Eeewww... This won't give good results. You want each of your FXO to
be on a unique IRQ if at all possible. I only see one card recognized
above. Take a look at the document at http://asteriskdocs.org which
has a good section on IRQ and Digium hardware setup for more info. You
have plenty of free vectors, too.

Long story short, what most people do is remove any devices that you
are not using (I disabled USB, removed the sound card and a SCSI card
that could have been used for an extra HD but wasn't necessary.)

Not to pick on you, but you have an especially bad thing up there in
that you X100 is sharing IRQ with the ethernet card, a sure recipe for
disaster.

Try going to BIOS setup and see what you can do about assigning or
reserving, and also try changing the slot the X100 cards are in.