To all chan_sccp users! (Was: [Asterisk-Users] chan_sccp compile error)

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Mon Apr 4 20:52:45 MST 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 08:34:02AM +1000, Rob Wise arranged a set of bits into the following:
> On Apr 5, 2005 8:20 AM, Rob Wise <robwise at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Now compiling .... sccp_channel.c           327 lines
> > sccp_channel.c: In function `sccp_channel_connect':
> > sccp_channel.c:198: parse error before `struct'
> > sccp_channel.c:199: `hp' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > sccp_channel.c:199: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > sccp_channel.c:199: for each function it appears in.)
> > sccp_channel.c:199: `ahp' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > make: *** [.tmp/sccp_channel.o] Error 1
>
> Oops, I forgot to mention I'm using the cvs head version of asterisk
> and set the option in the chan_sccp Makefile accordingly.

I assume that you're using GCC 2.95 which doesn't allow new variable
declerations after a function call. If you move the call to
ast_rtp_get_us after the declerations of hp and ahp then it should work,
I'll do a proper fix when I get a chance (busy week).

I had been hoping to write a big message to the list, but here's the
condensed version:

Attention all chan_sccp users.

I have now officially taken over maintainership of chan_sccp from Jan
Czmok who was being overloaded with personal work (yes the web site
needs updating, it's on my list).

I know that many of you run chan_sccp with custom patches and hacks to
get various things working, this is a call for you to send in the diffs
so that they might get merged in to CVS. Unified diffs against chan_sccp
CVS head requested, along with a note stating if that change was tested
against asterisk head, 1.0 or both, a list of which phones a change was
used with is also useful as some things can be surprisingly
phone-specific.

Diffs should be sent to me (a private reply to this mesage is fine), and
I'll try to notify people when their patch gets merged (And you will be
noted in the commit log).

To all those after cisco 7970 support, I now have a copy of the cisco
soft-phone along with ethernet dumps from a 7970, the softphone
currently registers, but I've not get got it to make a call (But I
haven't tested it after making some more bug fixes). If there's anyone
in Australia with a 7970 they could lend me that would be much
appreciated, otherwise this work will continue to take a while as the
soft-phone is different from the real 7970.

Thanks,
Julien Goodwin
chan_sccp project lead