[Asterisk-Users] Sending faxes and call accounting

Chris Mason lists at masonc.com
Mon Apr 4 19:25:33 MST 2005

>I don't understand you're confidentiality arguement. If asterisk is
switching the call, it /can/ save a copy of the transmission.

Of course, we know that. But the perception is that the fax machine is
private, so that's what the clients want.

>None the less, you should be able to switch a fax call just like a voice
call.
That's not what I am reading, but I will set up a test.
I would like to run hylafax for another installation, my own office, but I
am not clear on how this is achieved. I already run hylafax on another
machine, but what I cannot figure is, if I run it on Asterisk do I need the
modem, or does it receive on the FXO port the line is connected to?

cheers,
glenn

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: