[Asterisk-Users] bandwidth

Richard J. Sears rsears at americanIS.net
Mon Apr 4 18:19:48 MST 2005

We use ulaw where we can and g729 where necessary.

I think it is like 8k for g729.

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:07:24 -0500
Bernie <bernie at nyclubkid.com> wrote:

> can that number be reduced?  I'm looking at a system that would be
> deployed to remote offices over fairly limited bandwidth links and need
> to find a way of balancing quality vs. bandwidth constraints.

> William Boehlke wrote:
>
> >The simple answer is 64KB.

Richard J. Sears
Vice President
American Internet Services
rsears at adnc.com
http://www.adnc.com
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."