[Asterisk-Users] Detecting Downed SIP Phone

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Mon Apr 4 18:05:40 MST 2005

Hi,

I recently encountered an odd situation: the network cable to my
SPA-841 got unplugged while it was in the midst of a call.  I got it
re-plugged in about 30 seconds, and the phone rebooted.  The phone
showed no evidence of the previous call in progress and worked like
normal.

Asterisk, on the other hand, believed the call was still in progress
-- my outgoing line was still in use, and it showed up in the "show
channels" list.  I resorted to the "soft hangup" command to terminate
it.

What could I do so that Asterisk would automatically terminate a call
in these situations?

Thanks,

John