[Asterisk-Users] Set system time over the phone

Mike Sander mike at corporatebankinginternational.com
Mon Apr 4 16:45:54 MST 2005

I have installed Asterisk using the Ast at Home image for a client that is
VoIP-a-phobic.

Hence the system cannot be connected to their LAN at all - don't ask why!

I have tested the clock at my installation lab, and all is fine, but they
might want to set/check it.

I know there is the SayUnixTime command, and it works fine to say the time.

Is there a good dialplan command to test it? Best I've come across is
System, but this exits non-zero. Any ideas?

exten 456,1,Background(Please-set-time-mmddhhmm)
exten _.,1,System (date ${EXTEN})

If I dial 456 I get the message, so I type 04021305 (2nd April, 13:05).

On the console Asterisk reports the command Dial 04021305 exits non-zero.

If I then copy/paste into the shell, the command works.

Is there some weird brackets or something the System command is expecting
- the voip-info.org is up and down a lot at the mo.

Thanks

Mike