[Asterisk-Users] Channel bank question

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Mon Apr 4 15:57:57 MST 2005

Daylight Saving Time confused me as well!!!

I'll make it simple:

FXO ports connect to a phone company line, can be referred to as
"O"ffice

FXS ports connect to a phone device, can be referred to as "S"tation

What kind of features do you want in a channel bank? Not many!!  Good
channel banks are pretty simple devices. I prefer and recommend an
Adtran 750. It has modules that you can change between FXS and FXO. I
would look on EBAY for one with 3 FXO cards and 3 FXS cards, that will
give you 12 Office lines and the ability to connect 12 analog devices to
it as well.