[Asterisk-Users] Mitel Ip phone ?

Kris Edwards krisedwards at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:06:46 MST 2005

Here's a good sign:

Mitel is also addressing economy in adding SIP compliance to two of its
IP phones. The Mitel 5215 and 5220 run Mitel's proprietary MiNET
protocol for operation with the ICP 330 but also will run SIP, allowing
users to point them at such SIP-based PBXes as Asterisk's or Snom's, or
to another SIP proxy server.

I know Mitel's older models can be changed to sip (there's a howto on
voip-info) so surely there is hope for the newer models.

Here's the article the above is taken from:

http://www.thechannelinsider.com/article2/0,1759,1725518,00.asp

Kris