[Asterisk-Users] ZAP problem (No channel type registered for 'Zap')

Maik Hassel hassel at simplyefficient.ca
Mon Apr 4 11:34:49 MST 2005

Hello everybody,

I am having trouble setting up a SIP/analog phone gateway. The SIP
phones are working, just the Zaptel card doesn't seem to work. I am
using the zaptel TDM400P with one FXO module on the last bank (should be
channel 4 I suppose).
When I try to dial out (either via console or using SIP, I get the
following error:

--- Asterix console error -----

*CLI> dial 9
    -- Executing Dial("OSS/dsp", "Zap/4") in new stack
Apr  4 10:18:16 WARNING[6294]: channel.c:1901 ast_request: No channel
type registered for 'Zap'
Apr  4 10:18:16 NOTICE[6294]: app_dial.c:746 dial_exec: Unable to create
channel of type 'Zap'
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time

---  END Asterix console error -----

I searched and googled now for 2 days without success, so if ANYBODY has
ANY idea, I would be really really gratefull!!!

Here is what I do:

===== /etc/Zaptel.conf ======
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us
fxsks=4

==== /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf =====
context=local
signalling=fxs_ks
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=1.5
txgain=1.5
immediate=no
busydetect=no
callprogress=no
musiconhold=default
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
channel=>4

=== extensions.conf ===
[local]
ignorepat => 9
exten => 9,1,Dial,Zap/4
exten => 9,2,Congestion
exten => _9N.,1,Dial,Zap/4/${EXTEN:1}
exten => _9N.,2,Congestion
exten => 2000,hint,SIP/2000 ; Channel hints for presence

===== startup ======

# modprobe zaptel
# modprobe wcfxs
# /sbin/ztcfg -vvv

====>> Console output:

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

1 channels configured.

====>> Dmesg output
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
PCI: Found IRQ 3 for device 03:0a.0
Freshmaker version: 71
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Not installed
Module 1: Not installed
Module 2: Not installed
Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (4 modules)
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)

Then I start asterisk. The thing is: It really doesn't look like the zap
channel gets registered:

[root at cerberus asterisk]# asterisk -vvvvc | grep channel
  == Registered channel type 'Modem' (Generic Voice Modem Channel Driver)
  == Registered channel type 'SIP' (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP))
  == Registered channel type 'Agent' (Call Agent Proxy Channel)
  == Registered channel type 'MGCP' (Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP))
  == Registered channel type 'IAX2' (Inter Asterisk eXchange Driver (Ver 2))
  == Registered channel type 'Local' (Local Proxy Channel Driver)
  == Registered channel type 'Skinny' (Skinny Client Control Protocol
(Skinny))
  == Registered channel type 'Console' (OSS Console Channel Driver)
  == Registered channel type 'Phone' (Standard Linux Telephony API Driver)

Does anybody have ANY idea?????

Thanks in advance
 Maik

--
Simply Efficient - IT Services, Consulting, Training
"We Keep Our Promises"