[Asterisk-Users] Can I set queue not to hangup?

Etienne Pretorius etiennep at kingsley.co.za
Mon Apr 4 10:02:13 MST 2005

look under Queues.conf, use a context=something. A small menu can be set
up so that the caller can drop out of the queue and go stright to
another service.
Mind the small menu only supports single digits.

*Queues.conf*

[QUEUE-Sales]
musiconhold = default
strategy = rrmemory
timeout = 15                                    ; How long do we let the
phone ring before we consider this a timeout...
retry = 5                                       ; How long do we wait
before trying all the members again?
wrapuptime=0
maxlen = 0                                      ; Max number of ppl
waiting in the queue (0=unlimited)
announce-frequency = 45                         ; How often to announce
queue position and/or estimated holdtime to caller (0=off)
announce-holdtime = yes                         ; Sould we include
estimated hold time in position announcements?
announce-round-seconds = 10
announce = QUEUE-Sales
leavewhenempty = yes
context = MENU-Sales

member  =>      SIP/Sales

*Extensions.conf*

[MENU-Sales]
;exten => 1,1,Background()
exten => 1,2,Queue(QUEUE-Support)

;exten => 3,1,Background()
exten => 3,2,Queue(QUEUE-Accounts)

;exten => 0,1,Background()
exten => 0,2,Queue(QUEUE-Reception)

;/Voice Mail?/;Leave a message

Kind Regards
Etienne

Technical Support
Kingsley Technologies

Tel no   +27 21 7620276
Fax no  +27 21 7619930
mailto    support at kingsley.co.za
www.kingsley.co.za

Kingsley Technologies accepts no liability in respect of the unauthorised use of its email facility or the sending of email communications for other than business purposes.  The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution of this email is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and destroy the original message.  Although steps have been taken to ensure accuracy and integrity, no liability will be accepted if information is corrupted or doesn't reach it's intended destination.  Please note this communication represents the opinion of the author, which do not necessarily reflect those of Kingsley Technologies