[Asterisk-Users] Does the agent queue app support Aftercall and AUX agent status?

Steve Mann smann at finelinesolutions.com
Mon Apr 4 08:18:25 MST 2005

In most call centers I have worked in, the agents had the ability to change
their status from "auto ready" or "available" into an AUX of After call
state, Aftercall basically works like wrap time, in that the agent would not
receive another call in the queue until their status was manually changed
back to auto ready by a specific key combination on the dial pad. Aux worked
in that the agent could change their state from auto ready into an AUX state
where the press a code that indicates what type of AUX state they are in, an
example would be Aux-Break, or Aux-Supervisor feedback (for tracking of
time, etc.)

Example, I am an agent, I receive a call, while on the call, I dial a
special key code, and then when the call disconnects, instead of going right
back to the queue and receiving another call, I go into an After Call state,
where I can write notes, and log the call, etc. Then I would dial another
sequence to put me back into a ready state.

An example of Aux, I am an agent, I am in a queue, but not on a call, my
supervisor calls my extension and says they need to discuss one of my
previous calls with me. I dial a code, and my state is changed from auto
ready into an Aux state, where I then dial an additional digit to indicate
why I am in Aux, example: Feedback, Break, etc. I then get back to my desk,
and dial a new code to place me back into a ready state.

I know that with Asterisk, you can program a wrap time option to allow the
CSR X number of seconds or minutes of wrap time before receiving another
call, but I am looking for the above functionality over and above the simple
implementation of wrap time.

I do not want to just have the agents log in, and out when they don't want a
call, but instead use the functionality I described above as a time keeping
system for payroll, reporting, and agent tracking purposes.

I sent an email, with a more ambiguous subject line about this subject, and
received no response, so I am hoping with a better subject line, someone may
open the email.

In that previous email I mentioned that on the digium homepage's FAQ it
listed some call center terminology that detailed the above mentioned
functionality, but I can not find and documentation on it, so I am hoping it
exists, but has not been documented yet, and that someone out there has used
it, or knows if it truly does exist, or if I am out of luck.

The link to the FAQ section:
http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=faq#General_7

If I am asking the wrong list, if someone knows a better place to ask this
question, please let me know.

Thanks,

Steve Mann
Network Administrator