[Asterisk-Users] configuring md5 authentication

Dov Bigio dovb at terra.com.br
Mon Apr 4 07:46:18 MST 2005

Hello,

How does md5 authentication works?

I have created a user on my sip.conf like this:

[dov]
type=friend
host=dynamic
username=dov
auth=md5
; echo -n "dov:myhost.com.br:dov" | md5sum
md5secret=a72d3b44ea28fc6515d922b21970b83c
;secret=dov

Where myhost is the real that I normally use on my SIP phone when I don't use md5 authentication. The echo line is the command I used to convert my user:realm:pwd into md5.

In my X-Ten phone I just enter my username "dov" and password "dov" as plain text.

It doesn't log in as I thought it should...
Is there any extra setting that I have to define?

Thank you
Dov