[Asterisk-Users] Distributed services such as voicemail using Asterisk

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Mon Apr 4 07:15:18 MST 2005

Hi,

Is it possible to distribute services used by Asterisk onto several
boxes - similar to Pingtel (Pingtel is not an option for me since I need
to tie analog phones into the system). The main service I want to
distribute is the voice mail. I know that Mysql (have not tried
PostGreSQL yet) can be used for voice mail and configuration files but
can the MySQL server be on another server???

Thanks