[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk@Home Question

Jeff R Glassman jrglass at columbus.rr.com
Mon Apr 4 06:29:17 MST 2005

Message: 9
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:52:39 -0500
From: * KAPIL * <sachdev at gmail.com>
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk at Home Question
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com

Greetings!

This is my first post to the list...and I'm kinda' new to Asterisk, so
please be kind....I did a fair amount of Googling but was not able to
find an answer.

I am using Asterisk at Home 0.8

I was wondering if there is a way to select the outbound trunk based
on the extension that making the call.

Here is why I ask. Since I am already running my Asterisk server for
my own use, I also wanted to let friends and family in on the action
but I don't want to pay for their calls. So if I ask them to buy talk
time from a termination provider and then setup a separate trunk for
them, how do I make sure that only their calls use that outbound
trunk?

Any ideas?
Set up a trunk for them

Set up a route for them.

Setup
Outbound Routing

Add Route

Name your Route

Dial Pattern

79|NXXXXXX
79|NXXNXXXXXX
79|1NXXNXXXXXX
79|011.

Trunk Sequence
Select there Trunk

MAKE SURE they dial 79 for all there calls

Jeff