[Asterisk-Users] Previous sip reload not yet done

Cirelle Internet Products gcirino at cirelle.com
Mon Apr 4 05:02:20 MST 2005

administrator tootai wrote:

> Olle E. Johansson a écrit :
>
>> administrator tootai wrote:

>>> Thanks. We put everywhere it was accepted the IP address and will
>>> see. FYI, sipgate.de doesn't accept to register with IP address. CLI
>>> "SIP reload" command is now applied much faster as with FQDNs in
>>> sip.conf
>>

>> Changing register= statements to IP addresses is a bad idea. SIP is
>> domain name based and (as proved by sipgate) an IP address points to
>> *one* host, whereas a SIP domain by using SRV records can point to
>> many IP addresses and servers. There's a huge difference between
>> sending a REGISTER to username at 192.168.40.3 and username at domain
>>
>> See this as a short time fix. We need to make a better solution on
>> the REGISTER parsing to prevent this from happening, it's clearly a bug.
>

> Well noticed. Should I concider bugs #3850 and #3933 including this
> matter or should I open a new one?

We had the same problem, on two different hardware platforms.
2 flavors of pentium 4/board combos
grandstream and sipura (handset/ata) devices

the only thing that has worked for us was to eliminate the
registration process all together. This has been going on since
last October that I am aware of which means it has been in every
cvs since then.
sip.conf
host=<device ip> (not dynamic)
qualify=yes