[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk+Sipgate - just one step away..

Razvan Cosma razvan.cosma at telemach.com
Mon Apr 4 02:22:27 MST 2005

  Hello all,
 I have a working Asterisk setup, also a working sipgate.co.uk account
(tested with a GrandStream ATA 486), but got stuck in forwarding calls
from local users to sipgate. Very frustrating, since I feel there's just
one silly error somewhere.. story follows:
REGISTER both of the local user to * and of the * to sipgate.co.uk is
successful
but when dialing some random phone number in Linphone in the form
sip:111111111 at 1.2.3.4 (1.2.3.4 is the * box) I get

    -- Executing SetCallerID("SIP/user-733d", "xxxxxxxx at sipgate.co.uk")
in new stack
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/user-733d",
"SIP/1111111111 at sipgate.co.uk|30|tr") in new stack
Outgoing Call for 1111111111111111
111111111111 is not a local user
    -- Called 11111111111 at sipgate.co.uk
Failed to authenticate on INVITE to ''xxxxxxx at sipgate.co.uk"
<sip:yyyyyyyy at 1.2.3.4>;tag=as319c47a2'
^^^^ this I think is the problem - while the call is redirected, the
correct number is dialed, Asterisk says it changed the callerid, but
"yyyyyy" is the local username and "1.2.3.4" is the * address, shouldnt'
it be ''xxxxxxx at sipgate.co.uk" ?

sip.conf:
[general]
register => xxxxxxxx:ppppppp at sipgate.co.uk/xxxxxx