[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel group members - dial out on a availible port via trial and error?

Etienne Pretorius etiennep at kingsley.co.za
Mon Apr 4 00:49:18 MST 2005

Hi ya-all.

Little question that has been bothering me somewhot.
Say I have only 2 out going analog phone lines.
Some1 in the office decides to call their a client...
so the Dial command it using a group and it will start at the first Zap
channel listed
in the group.

But now what if I disconnect the that line and he dials up again... then
it tries the first
Zap channel again - but why does it not time out or try the other Zap
channel?
Btw - I am using a TDM400P with the FXS ports on channel 3 and 4;

*Asterisk*
Urgent handler
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/1-1", "Zap/g2/$EXTEN") in new stack
Urgent handler
Urgent handler
    -- Called g2/$EXTEN
Urgent handler
    -- Zap/3-1 answered Zap/1-1
Urgent handler
    -- Attempting native bridge of Zap/1-1 and Zap/3-1
Urgent handler
[And it hangs.......]

*extensions.conf*
[outgoing]                                                      ;Dial
"0" on the phone for external line
                                                                ;SIP
Phones need another was... they act like a cell phone

exten => _0,1,Dial(Zap/g2/$EXTEN)
;exten => _0,2,NoOp(DIALSTATUS=${DIALSTATUS})
exten => _0,3,Goto(_0-${DIALSTATUS},1)                          ;Jump
based on status (NOANSWER,BUSY,CHANUNAVAIL,CONGESTION,ANSWER)

exten => _0-ANSWER,1,Goto(_0,102)
exten => _0-.,1,Goto(_0,1)                                      ;Try
another line

exten => _0,102,Congestion
exten => _0,103,Hangup

Ps - I cant get a log to see the "DIALSTATUS". Also I would have
expected that Asterisk would then just try the other group member but
it does not.... Any help in this regard would be greatly apricaited.

--
Kind Regards
Etienne