[Asterisk-Users] How to send email from the dial plan?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Apr 4 00:40:39 MST 2005

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> I would like to get a notice by email, if we run out of gateways!
>
> exten => _9011Z.,410,Busy
> exten => _9011Z.,411,EMAIL ....       <= ???? How to?
   -= Info about application 'System' =-

[Synopsis]:
Execute a system command

[Description]:
   System(command): Executes a command  by  using  system(). Returns -1 on
failure to execute the specified command. If  the command itself executes
but is in error, and if there exists a priority n + 101, where 'n' is the
priority of the current instance, then  the  channel  will  be  setup  to
continue at that priority level.  Otherwise, System returns 0.

/O