[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Realtime Capabilities

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Sun Apr 3 22:01:53 MST 2005

> to a load-balanced (not sure which mechanism I'll empoy here yet)

    I was quoted a $21,000 layer-7 switch from F5 Networks to do SIP load
balancing.

> outside)? In other words, can the registering server update a USRLOC
> type database on the fly, so all other servers know where to route calls

    As long as all * servers share the same central database; this way when
SIP 1 registers via RealTime at server A, server B (using same db) should be
able to see the registration. You may not be able to use RTCache though...

> Also, I will be using multiple * boxes as media gateways. Is there an
> existing mechanism whereby a given server can record the number of
> busy/available ZAP channels to a central database for the purpose of
> call routing?

    Nothing built-in comes to mind, but Im sure you could AGI something.

-Matthew