[Asterisk-Users] Detecting when a called mobile is not reachable?

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Sun Apr 3 19:05:06 MST 2005

> On Apr 3, 2005 8:56 PM, Ian Hailey <asterisk at dinplug.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>I was hoping to be able to call a mobile and if it is un-reachable for
>>whatever reason (e.g. switched off) then I was expecting an unobtainable
>>response that would be detected in Asterisk. It seems that the operator
>>(Virgin in UK) imedately completes the call and plays an automated
>>message before clearing the call. Does anyone know if there a way of
>>avoiding the call completion for mobiles? I have noticed that Sipgate
>>charge for a calls to an unavailable mobile regardless.

Bellsouth at least WILL play an automated message, but NOT answer the
line.  I work around this by adding the "r" option to the Dial command.
  The "r" option of course provides a fake ringing sound to the caller,
even if it REALLY should be doing something else like playing telco
audio before answer, or a busy tone.