[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on Suse minimal installation based on Suse Rescue - what to add to be bootable on HD partition ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Sun Apr 3 14:04:51 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to go route some of Asterisk users already proposed for Asterisk
minimal system. I've started from Suse Rescue system image - I've put it
into HD partition. But since rescue is spawned from working system it has
empty /boot directories and is not directly bootable if put on HD. I've
tried to transfer or install kernel and grub to this partition, but no
success (I first access to partition with chroot to make additions...).

I get errors on kernel rpm -ivh installation (I guess there are no
directories and dependencies found in chroot) and also get error on
"grub-install /dev/hda7":
Could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device

Is there anyone more experienced with some advice, howto or example what
need to be added to partition to be bootable on HD ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.