[Asterisk-Users] Detecting when a called mobile is not reachable?

Ian Hailey asterisk at dinplug.com
Sun Apr 3 12:56:07 MST 2005

Hello all,

I was hoping to be able to call a mobile and if it is un-reachable for
whatever reason (e.g. switched off) then I was expecting an unobtainable
response that would be detected in Asterisk. It seems that the operator
(Virgin in UK) imedately completes the call and plays an automated
message before clearing the call. Does anyone know if there a way of
avoiding the call completion for mobiles? I have noticed that Sipgate
charge for a calls to an unavailable mobile regardless.

Thanks.

Ian.