[Asterisk-Users] VoIP Provider problems

Joseph Gutowski asteriskdump at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 00:37:00 MST 2005

No, I'm not ignorant of how this works. You'll notice I put it
"appears" bad when I posted my results. Yes, it's not a perfect way to
show problems -- but taken with a grain of salt it's not half bad.
Especially when sampled over a longer period of time, and if the
original poster can correlate the PingPlotter results to the quality
of his calls.

Now if he shows 30% loss during good and bad calls, that's another story.

I posted my results to help the original poster. If he's trying to
troubleshoot an apparent bad connection with Sprint, he needs all the
help he can get. If they can proove the connection works even the
littlest bit, they'll say it's fine and blame Broadvoice.

If everyone gets similar levels of loss at those points, one could
conclude its a side effect of the routers having better things to do.
But if he's the only one showing them, then it would be a starting
point to conclude something is wrong with his connection or something
along Sprint's backbone.