[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Auto-Startup on Ubuntu/Debian

Josh Alberts joshalberts at fastmail.fm
Sat Apr 2 11:20:37 MST 2005

I'm having trouble getting asterisk to run at startup using Ubuntu.
I've checked, and the asterisk dameon is set to run at init 5.  However,
I'm not seeing anything that says that asterisk has been started during
the boot process.  Oddly, when I shut the machine down/run init6, it
says Starting Asterisk PBX.  Odd.  I'm using the default scripts that
came with asterisk (I installed using synaptic and the debian universe
repositories).  I've edited /etc/default/asterisk, uncommented the first
line and changed start asterisk to "yes".  Anybody know what might be
wrong?