[Asterisk-Users] problem detecting answer on pri card

Richard richard at o-matrix.org
Sat Apr 2 11:20:18 MST 2005

Hi,

I have a digium PRI T1 card connecting to my carrier. However it has
problems to detect the answer signal on some numbers. For example,
1-800-225-2525 is KLM airline's reservation line. It should answer right
away. But * can't detect it is answered and keeps ringing the ip phone. I
put a monitor on the channel, and get the answer messages in the channels.
So somehow the line is answered but * doesn't know. I don't have a problem
to most numbers. The problem only got my attention after one customer
reported it.

A debug on the pri shows,
Ext: 1  Progress Description: Call is not end-to-end ISDN; further call
progress information may be available inband. (1) ]

So maybe the inband information is not detected by *?

Anyone has the same setup, i.e. PRI to your carrier? Can you please dial the
number 1-800-225-2525 and have 'pri debug'? I'd like to compare the results.
I am not sure if it is * or just my * configuration.

Your help is highly appreciated. I am really stuck here.

Thanks,
Richard