[Asterisk-Users] Preserve g729 registration over reinstall??

Mike Matthews mike82346 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 10:08:19 MST 2005

For the record here, I am quoting from an email from Digium on the subject:

"You will need to backup /var/lib/asterisk/licenses.  You will also need
to backup the codec_g729 and format_g729 in your
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/ directory.   The ethernet cards in your
machine cannot be changed.  Otherwise you will have to reregister your
codec.
If required you may reregister your codec.  If you run into any problems
reregistering, we will assist you on with that problem.
Please refer to http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=asterisk_g729 for
additional instructions."

Thanks to Digium Support for the prompt and thorough response.

Mike Matthews <mike82346 at yahoo.com> wrote:
I purchased the g729 codec from Digium.  Every time I reinstall Asterisk (or Linux) I naturally lose the registration. Digium only allows one reinstallation without calling them which is a nusance for both them and me. Is there any way to preserve the registration across a reinstall?  Perhaps by backing up a directory or a file? Any help appreciated.
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:

"Put down that coffee...coffee is for Closers!"

Phone: 918-770-4503
Fax: 206-666-1720
email: mike at mikematthews.org
sip: 17476688927 at proxy01.sipphone.com