[Asterisk-Users] Starting with Asterisk-SIP

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Sat Apr 2 09:35:39 MST 2005

>I think I can use Asterisk for this issue. I have installed it and I
>have run it, but I don't know how I have to configure it.

You should go and read some docs:

http://www.digium.com/handbook-draft.pdf

>I have read the documentation, but It's so much big and I don't know
>what I have to do.

The handbook isn't that big. You should be fine.

>Someone could tell me what configuration files have I to use, and what
>have I to put in this files?. If is it posible, I would like someone
>send me some simple examples of this files.

Well I can't tell you what to do but I can tell you the following:

- Entries sip.conf, iax.conf have nothing to do with contexts (they
refer to them though, through context => "blah" directives
)
- Entries in extensions.conf are all contexts.

This was the only thing I had to realize before I could use the software.

>It would be wonderful if someone could help me.

Unfortunately, I can't do for you the research work you're supposed to
be doing. But do take a look at voip-info.org. There's a lot of good
stuff there - it's a wonderful resource and will help you get going.

Cheers,
--
Ykoz Un Max - La VoIP en pré-payé!
Essayez gratuitement - 5 crédits offerts.