[Asterisk-Users] Dynamic Zap/{channel} allocation for out going possible?

Etienne Pretorius etiennep at kingsley.co.za
Sat Apr 2 09:33:25 MST 2005

Hi All * users...

Question:
    In extensions.conf - I am awaire that you can use macro's but what I
am wondering about.. is that can you create a macro to do dynamic Zap
channel allocation for a out going call?
    I don't want to reserve a channel/port in the TDM400P card for "Out
break" calls, so i was just wandering if some1 could help me a bit over
here.

[outgoing]                                                      ;Dial
"0" on the phone for external line

exten => _0,1,Dial(Zap/4/$EXTEN)               ;<======= statically
allocated to Zap/4 needs to be dynamic
exten => _0,2,Goto(102)