[Asterisk-Users] Two accounts at one provider and a 302 redirect problem

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Apr 2 08:19:23 MST 2005

> I've got a problem with my incoming calls (SIP). First I tried to route
> different providers to different extensions in which ._ matched the call
> and called the internal phones and so on.
>
> Then I got this Nikotel Account. I managed to get it working. Small hint
> for the people trying Nikotel and having problems with the internal 99er
> numbers. Nikotel redirects with the 302 message to a user called
> user at 63.214.186.6. Asterisk can't redirect unless you define a sip.conf
> section with [63.214.186.6]. See
> http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001974 and read
> marksters comment at the bottom.
>
> So now it worked.
>
> Then I tried two Nikotel Accounts on the same asterisk machine. Problem
> is that now every internal 99er call goes to the extension defined in
> [63.214.186.6]. My idea is now to route every incoming call to one
> extension. I tried to recognize the called number int the extension like
> this:
>
> 9978389389,1,Answer
> 9978389389,2,...ring phone 1
>
> 9948389390,1,Answer
> 9948389390,2,...ring phone 2
>
> (these are fake numbers)
>
> But I did not manage to route the call based on the called numbers. Only
>
> _.,1,Answer
> _.,2,...ring a phone
>
> did work.
>
> Does anyone have a hint? I would appreciate any comments!

Not enough info to guess with any reasonableness.

Assuming you are using a register statement for each account, that
statement should look something like:
 register=myuserid:mysecret at 146.135.8.128/1234

The "1234" at the end of that statement tells your provider what
digits to dial when contacting your asterisk. So, in this example,
an entry in extensions.conf like:
 exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/3000,15,r)
would cause that incoming call to ring sip phone x3000. For

If you use a different suffix on each provider's register statement,
you should be able to put together an associated extensions.conf
entry to handle each separately.

On the other hand, if you use a register statement like:
 register=myuserid:mysecret at 146.135.8.128
without the suffix, then an extensions.conf entry like:
 exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/3000,15,r)
would work, but it doesn't distinguish between multiple providers.

If you need a better answer, then post your register statements in
sip.conf (change the passwords) for each provider, along with the
appropriate sections of extensions.conf that handle the incoming
calls.