[Asterisk-Users] Delaying answer of incoming calls

Justin Ridge spamstop1 at terriertech.com
Sat Apr 2 03:42:26 MST 2005

Hi all,

I'd like Asterisk to answer an incoming SIP call and bridge with a POTS
line.  However, I do NOT want Asterisk to answer the SIP call unless the
called POTS number answers (otherwise SIP caller is charged).

The wiki says this is the default behaviour, and so does this message
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-April/041881.html

But it's not working as expected.  The SIP call is answered immediately
before the POTS line even starts ringing.

The dial plan is simple:
[from-sip]
exten => s,1,Dial(Zap/1/*829xxxxxxxxx,20)

I don't have "Answer" in the dial plan.  I don't think I changed any
settings that would cause this non-default behaviour, but can you help me
find why this is happening?

Thanks
JR