[Asterisk-Users] Squeaking / chirping on ZAP Digium TDM400P

Kellner, Peter Peter at PeterKellner.net
Fri Apr 1 19:00:02 MST 2005

It's an HP Pavillion (Pentium 2Ghz)

[root at seventythirdstreet init.d]# uname -a
Linux seventythirdstreet 2.4.21-27.0.1.EL #1 Fri Dec 24 03:18:37 GMT
2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Also, do you know how to make the hostname change permenant?  Everytime
I reboot, it goes back to the default.

Thanks,  -Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Kristian
Kielhofner
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 3:35 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Squeaking / chirping on ZAP Digium TDM400P

Kellner, Peter wrote:
> Here is my printout below.  It looks to me like it is sharing with
USB.
> I don't seem to have a way in my bios to turn off USB though and
nothing
> is plugged into it.  Could that be a problem?  Also, are the other
> things mentioned all part of Asterisk?
>
> Thanks,  -Peter
>
>           CPU0
>   0:    8721991          XT-PIC  timer
>   1:          4          XT-PIC  keyboard
>   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
>   5:          0          XT-PIC  ehci-hcd
>   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
>  10:     192343          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, usb-uhci, eth0
>  11:  167690609          XT-PIC  libata, usb-uhci, wctdm, ztdummy,
> usb-uhci
>  12:        422          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
>  14:      69540          XT-PIC  ide0
>  15:        117          XT-PIC  ide1
> NMI:          0
> ERR:          0

Peter,

	Wow.  That's pretty bad.  Try disabling some "legacy" devices
that you
may not need: serial ports, parallel ports, etc.  The BIOS really should

have an option to disable USB.  While you are disabling that other stuff

check again.  Freeing up this stuff should give you more free
interrupts.

	You should not load ztdummy when you have real hardware for
timing.
wctdm is good enough.  So disable the loading of ztdummy.  And, just for

kicks, what kernel are you running (uname -a), and what kind of machine
is this (motherboard/chipset if possible)?

--
Kristian Kielhofner
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: