[Asterisk-Users] ACD Functionality

Steve Mann smann at finelinesolutions.com
Fri Apr 1 17:22:21 MST 2005

Hello All,

I have been trying to find a definitive yes or no on this, and have decided
to post it to the list since I can not find and documentation on it.

On the Digium FAQ, there is a section on ACD terminology which lists the
following:

ACD_IN (status) - Agent is on an ACD CALL
EXT_OUT (status) - Agent in on an outbound non-ACD call.
EXT_IN (status) - Agent is on a non-acd inbound or internal call.
HOLD (status) - Agent has placed a call on hold.
ACW (status) - Agent is in "After Call Work" mode.
AUX (status) - Agent has selected an aux work mode to avoid
calls while remaining logged into the system. Typical AUX codes might
include one for "supervisor assistance", breaks, answering customer email,
performing callbacks, as well a a "default" aux status
that agents logging into the system are automatically placed in until they
indicate that
they are ready to take calls. This status typically is used also after
a RONA event (roll over no answer). RONA (event) - roll over no answer - a
call was routed to the agent
but the call was not picked up. (A flogging offense in most callcenters ;)

Since it is on the FAQ, this may have mistakenly lead me to believe that
there is functionality for an agent to place themselves into an AUX or ACW
state.
However, I can not find any documents on the cmd's or configuration for an
agent to be able to do this.

Can anyone comment as to whether the agent and queue features of the switch
actually have the functionality to dial a code, or press a button on an ADSI
phone, and have their state changed into ACW or AUX, etc. so they stop
receiving calls, but stay logged in?

Thanks,

Steve