[Asterisk-Users] Preserving CallerID when forwarding to cellphone

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Fri Apr 1 16:52:35 MST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 3:23 PM, Paul wrote:

> You might want to try Googling this if you haven't already. I'm pretty
> sure
> I've run across this in my search to find out for to forward a call
> outward.
> I still have yet to figure out how to forward a call outward. It
> sounds like
> you've already accomplished that....can you please post the section
> for this
> from your extensions.conf???
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul

No need to Google, I solved this and was posting to the list for
others' benefit, as the prepending of the plus sign seems to vary by
provider.

I answer it, sort it through a menu, and then if they select an
extension that's forwarded the call is DIALed out to the destination.
If the destination doesn't pick up in 20 seconds minus call setup time,
it rolls back to voicemail.

<snip>
exten => 501,2,Dial(${IAXTRUNK1}/1949xxxxxxx,20,r)
exten => 501,3,Voicemail(u501)